Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Dr. Duffy will carefully review and discuss your comprehensive patient registration including your medical history and health goals. If you are a good candidate for our services, Dr. Duffy will discuss your individualized wellness treatment plan, including the necessary lab tests and follow-up appointments.
We are a fully functional virtual practice at Carolina Integrative Medicine. The first consultation can be done in-person or by Zoom. In addition, follow up visits can be conducted in-person, by phone or virtually by Zoom.
Our patients have unlimited access with our Carolina Integrative Medicine provider team via a secure patient portal. Please feel free to contact us directly for more information about becoming a new patient.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Carolina Integrative Medicine doctor, health coach, lab or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in-person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We are the primary care provider for many of our patients. Because you can message us online 24/7 even after typical business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests within 24 hours. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency and cannot reach us immediately, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Many of the lab tests, wellness visits and programs at Carolina Integrative Medicine are not covered by traditional health insurance, therefore Carolina Integrative Medicine is not in-network with any insurance company and is not able to submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf.
- As a convenience, we offer the ability for you to come directly to our office to have your labs drawn. However, if you are not local, we will make arrangements for you to have them done in your area.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial consultation with Carolina Integrative Medicine and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- If additional lab testing is needed, we will make you fully aware of any additional lab fees.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Carolina Integrative Medicine, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- Generally, these labs are not covered by insurance. The labs that are often covered by insurance do not help us get to the root cause of your issues. In order for us to get optimal results we have to look at more information that will give us the answers to the underlying reasons you have health issues.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Carolina Integrative Medicine is right for you.